Typically, Snapchat is associated with teen groups who preferred to take selfies and videos. Snapchat for event marketing is not really where serious B2B marketers hang out. Day by day the users and the engagement factors are getting high – 1 billion Snapchat stories are viewed every day, 10 million active users, and 400 million snaps a day.
Despite these impressive figures and being an ideal platform for creating a sense of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out), Snapchat is still a relatively new marketing tool.
You can’t ignore Snapchat if you want to market to teens or millennials. In this guide, let’s have a glimpse of the ways to market your events with it.
Table of Contents
- What is Snapchat Event Marketing?
- Who are all the target audiences for Snapchat marketing?
- How to get more Snapchat followers?
- Snapchat For Event Marketing Ways to Promote Your Events
What is Snapchat Event Marketing?
Snapchat is a great way to market your virtual event to a younger and more creative audience. With this app, you can share real-time updates about your event and behind-the-scenes shots of your crew and yourself.
Additionally, you can use Snapchat to create excitement around your event with filters, stickers, .gifs, and more, while encouraging your followers to follow along with snaps and stories.
Are you planning for the big event? Then, Snapchat for event marketing is one of the beneficial methods for event promotion.
Even though we have numerous platforms to host virtual events, Still marketing tactics are a must for event organizers. Before getting into the Snapchat event promotion ideas, our blogs holds small tweak and tips for a fellow audience who are new to this marketing trend.
Who are all the target audiences for Snapchat marketing?
As per the report, 61% of Snapchat users are 18-29 years old teens. This is not a small number and of course, it’s twice the monthly users on LinkedIn. They prefer quick and easy access to information; they won’t spend time on lengthy and time-consuming promotions. This instantaneous nature of Snapchat makes it a great tool for reaching out to this audience and engaging with them.
Like all other social media platforms, you can use Snapchat as part of your event marketing campaign for a whole host of events. Additionally, product launch events are perfect since you’re bringing something fresh to market – another source of FOMO. You can’t afford to ignore Snapchat for event marketing strategy if you are hosting a virtual conference or college fairs for students.
How to get more Snapchat followers?
How do you let people know that you’re now on Snapchat? Well, it’s simple.
- Add the Snapchat logo to your website
- Share your snap code on all your social accounts
- Save your Snapchat posts, photos, and videos on your social profile to raise awareness of your profile
- Add a Snapchat username in the “About” section of your Facebook and other social profiles you have
Now, it’s time to incorporate Snapchat into your virtual events platform
Snapchat For Event Marketing Ways to Promote Your Events
Things to Do the Day Before Your Event
Create your Geofilter
Build a connection with your users by creating a custom geofilter for the event. What’s a geofilter? Create a custom geofilter for the event to build connections among your users. Geofilter is the option that shows where you are in an overlaid frame or illustration.
So, try to create your own branded geofilter and launch it a few days before the event. It creates buzz among your target audience and lets everyone interested in the event know where it is going to happen.
How do you create your geofilter? It’s not difficult to do, all you have to do is, submit a custom illustration of your event to Snapchat. The team will review it and allow you to post any photos or videos that are taken at the location of your virtual events. Further, you can layer it with geofilter-it all about your creativity.
Use Snap Famous Influencers
Snapchat influencers can help you connect with your target followership in a creative and amusing way and can boost the awareness of your virtual event. These can be guests, players, speakers at your event, or simply customers with an applicable following.
Grant them behind-the-scenes access during the event’s organizational stage and allow them to capture their experience originally and engagingly. After all, utmost ‘Snap Famous’ users are settlers of the platform and know exactly what to do to get the most engagement.
Include some interesting facts in your story
A Snapchat Story is a 24-hour photo and video feed that is linked to your Snapchat profile. When you post Snaps and films to your Story, your friends can watch them as many times as they want for the next 24 hours.
Post fascinating and related facts about the conference in the story. This will help to raise awareness for your event. Also, this platform has so many in-built features like applying fun filters and Geofilters to pictures, and even overlaying drawings and text onto images. With all those features, conduct any quizzes or Q&A sessions and provide the lucky draw with a free entry ticket to the event. All those will make you stand unique among your competitors.
Use Snapchat during the Event
- During the event, take pictures and videos and showcase what’s going on for those who weren’t able to attend.
- Give your fans a behind-the-scenes look at your event – increases audience engagement. Show them how things are getting ready for the event and what’s going on behind the scenes to make it happen.
- To pump up your crowd, reveal your speakers, sponsors, food stalls, accessories, and performances.
- Don’t worry if your event lacks photo chances. You can still express yourself creatively. Snapchat lets you add emoticons, stickers, and text to your photos, as well as a doodle on them. Use fun facts about the event, a hashtag, or a promo code to your benefit.
Use Snapchat After the Event
- Ask event organizers, guests, event presenters, and even your attendees to upload a few images and short videos for recapping the day’s highlights at the end of your event.
- Save your Snapchat story and share it on other social networking sites, as well as promote your Snapchat account to gain a larger following and boost the popularity of future events.
- You may follow your audience even after the event by asking what their favourite part was, just as you did before and during the event. This is a terrific way to keep the conversation going about your event and collect user feedback, as well as develop even more compelling user-generated content.
In a nutshell, the Snapchat filter was a unique technique to increase the number of eyeballs on our brand. We knew exactly who our audience was and where they were, so this was a highly targeted campaign. Are you struggling to predict the result of this campaign? Our team learned a lot about the value of employing a medium like Snapchat for brand recognition and they will incorporate Snapchat for event marketing tactics for your events or conference. Contact our team of experts now and start utilizing the power of HexaFair – a platform to host virtual events that takes the onus on security and scalability to fast-track your growth.