Virtual events budget and costing plan is a complicated process. It is not that easy and the same as in-person events. With virtual events, many things can go missing, and a whole lot of engagement happens in a completely different setup, immersive features and rich content. The new space calls for innovation and a lot of creativity. So much more happens behind the screens that the viewers & even exhibitors are unaware of. So, for such a massive event to happen, virtual fairs budget & costing is a must. To elevate your knowledge, HexaFair presents the 14 Best Tips to Create Your Virtual Events Budget& Costing. Keep reading!
Virtual Event Tips
Start with Fundamentals of Virtual Fairs Budget & Costing:
- Spreadsheets are the most comprehensive tools used to frame a budget as it is quite simple to use & allows estimations and precise itemization. Google Sheets is an amazing tool where you can add, edit and update the data in real-time & share it with your relevant teams.
- Add a special detail for the content only you will be accountable for.
- Stay alert and note your deadlines as crossing them might incur late fees.
- Compare the pricing like foreseen budget v/s actual costs. This will help you remain within your virtual events budget & costing line.
What to Include in Virtual Fairs Budget& Costing?
As we all know, virtual events are online experiences. So, every part of the experience comes with a connected cost. The first step is to figure out & note all of them. Unlike physical events, virtual events budget& cost is free from expenses like catering, venues, boarding, staff, travel, cancellation etc. But, that’s for people who are not much into the game. There is much more to add to the plate when it comes to virtual events, and that brings a huge variation in virtual fairs budget & cost structure. Exhibitors and sponsors must dig deep to explore virtual event tips and learn the niche involved in virtual events budget & costing.
Virtual Event Tips: Virtual Fairs Budget& Costing: The Support System
Every item is unique on a virtual event platform. And this is the space where you will refer for every item in your virtual events budget & costing list. For precise estimates, it is suggested to keep your list as specific as possible. If you want to bring two elements together like the platform and registration technology, you will have to make a lot of adjustments to your numbers in the planning phase. But, in the process, this can create serious problems within the system. So, the best advice here is to remain as accurate as possible for better results.
● Item Details:
Being specific in your search is the key that you must adopt throughout the process. And to maintain that, you must include a description for every item, especially, in the case when your events need revision and approval from someone who isn’t in the circle. Some elements are absolutely important for your virtual event. To make your viewers clearly understand, you need to elaborate them in descriptive mode.
Quoting the right amount for every item on your list is also highly important. One wrong pricing is enough to quickly push you downhill. While add-ons & certain new features can take your budget high. On the other hand, cutting off the extras can make it go low. So, it is important to note all your requirements and keep on updating your budget with the appropriate amount. This will also help you to effectively frame your future virtual fairs budget& costing.
● Price Value Estimations:
Estimates help when you don’t know the exact pricing associated with every item. But having a cost bracket can help you understand the type of virtual events budget & costing you will need.
● Actual Cost:
With this, you will learn the actual price of every item involved or given. The data including estimated v/s actual costs is considered an invaluable source for future virtual events budget and costing. Keeping the data as a reference will help you to handle your future virtual events effectively.
● Be Your Own Researcher:
To make a match between your estimated & actual costs, you must do some niche research. If you already have some experience in hosting real or virtual events in the past, then you will have good insights into the concept [Virtual Event Tips]. Apply the same here. Even if you have all the data, there is always something deep & new when it comes to research. You must keep it going!
● Explore Other Platforms:
Virtual events are all about technology. And if there is any major area in virtual events, your investment will be going into, that is technology. All you have to do is to choose the best virtual events platforms. Elements like venue, booth designs, features, catering, AV, speakers etc. will be taken care of. So, it is important to do some niche groundwork before finalising your virtual trade show platform. The virtual event tips will help you to frame your budget effectively. Look into the features, designs, new stuff and add-ons they offer. Learn how much you have to pay for every extra feature you add. Exploring other platforms will help you identify the best virtual events platforms for your business branding.
Some More Virtual Event Tips
● Talk to a Virtual Events Platform:
If you are planning to host your virtual event for the first time or finding it hard to decide about which platform to choose, then approaching a virtual fairs budget & costing service provider or consultants will be the right choice. As they are well experienced and equipped with all the tools and essential features, they can give you the right advice [virtual event tips] on virtual events budget & costing models and also guide you on how to unify several technical elements & make your virtual event a great success. Service providers can also help you to repurpose your physical events experience & costs to the virtual one.
● The Estimates:
By now, you must have got an idea about the platforms and their virtual fairs budget & costing. So, it’s time to take your virtual events to the next level, explore the line items and stay clear about your timeline. This is the phase where additional costs, marketing and all other event aspects come into the picture. Staying precise with the estimates in this phase can save the sponsors and exhibitors from costly disasters.
14 Key Virtual Event Tips to Consider for Virtual Events Budget and Costing:
- Event Recording: The feature will help you to understand what content has been already delivered and so you can plan for some uniqueness in your next virtual event. Also, you can share the experience through recorded videos with your sponsors or new attendees.
- Small Breakout Rooms: Recreate your virtual experience through small breakout rooms. These are the essential elements that can make your attendees interact with each other freely.
- Exhibitor & Sponsor Activations: If you want to onboard sponsors for your virtual event, then you must handle the activations as well. Virtual event budgeting gives you the most precise detail into the data.
- Marketing Strategy Design: It is necessary to put in the right effort to engage the audiences in pre, during, and post-event. The design plan helps you to frame the costs, ads & social media campaigns for promotions.
- Speaker Training: Speakers are great engagers. Hiring an experienced speaker can change the face of your virtual event in a swish. Else, you have to train them from scratch.
- Time Period: The venue, costs, features, tools, and every aspect of your virtual event depends on how long the event will last.
- Registration Platform: In case you don’t have a registration platform for your attendees, you will need one and that comes with a price.
- Taking Responsibility: With virtual events, there is a high chance of network & technical issues. So, saving for a rainy day is very important. Just in case if anything unexpected sabotages your virtual event, you can be well prepared. You can also
- Analyze your greatest and most volatile variable costs.
- Estimate the cancellation costs.
- Make sure your event goes as you planned.
- Virtual Fairs Budget & Costing Planning: Get your event budgeting done as soon as possible. The quicker you can do it, the better.
- Identify your Goals: The main aim of hosting virtual events is to identify your goals. Priority is the end-user experience. Speaker’s voice, awesome content, sponsor activations, polls etc. can be the highlights for your virtual event.
- In Detail: The more specific you are with the details, the better. Ignoring minute details might seem small but can easily blow up your whole budget.
- Check Your Numbers: Exhibitors often hesitate to look at the expensive features or items. And, to please sponsors or exhibitors, virtual event platforms must not look down and under-price their items or make the budget low. Balanced pricing and checking with the price list on adjacent platforms can help you in many ways.
- Emergency Fund: Virtual event platforms are all about technology and network. Just in case, anything goes wrong, or any unexpected trouble is anticipated. Better to save for the rainy day.
- Research: Do your research on virtual fairs budget and costing for better cost estimations & right pricing.